Aspen A-75 enables operators to get to virtually any location on wider bridges. The articulated boom design permits access around bridge members and light supports, over fences, across wide sidewalks, between cables/trusses and behind deep girders.
- Extended reach – access your widest bridges
- Adjustable turntable with automated leveling system
- No outriggers required
- Right and left deployment
- Telescoping 4thboom and rotating platform
- Wireless controls
- Advanced control system
- Air compressor and air line in platform
- Generator with electrical outlet in platform
- Platform heaters & boom-mounted LED work lights
- Video systems with 3 cameras and color monitor for safe operation
- On-site training
Bridge Inspection Unit – Aspen A-75 – Largest Available Bridge Inspection Truck – 700 lb Platform Capacity
Bridge Inspection and Maintenance Unit – Aspen A-75
Bridge inspection equipment must be powerful enough to perform on the biggest structures. The A-75 is a long-reaching bridge inspection unit that makes inspecting the widest bridges possible. Not only is the ASPEN A-75 the largest Aspen Aerials unit available, it also has the greatest inspection platform capacity, at full 700 lbs. A telescoping 4th boom enables bridge inspection professionals to access behind the deepest bridge girders.
Stabilizing Systems for Large Bridge Inspection
The Aspen A-75 is fitted with stabilizing systems which allow operators the advantage of being able to move the truck while the platform is deployed. Additionally, because no outriggers are required, there is limited impact upon the flow of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
As with all Aspen Aerial units, OUTRIGGERS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
- A full-length subframe provides strength and stability.
- Axle locks unitize the chassis and truck axles.
- A counterweight at the base of the pedestal rotates with the unit, always staying within the width of the chassis.
- A hydraulically sliding counterweight is installed under the truck so that the weight can be positioned in the most optimum counterbalanced position.
- An interlock system tied to the controls maintains operation within the unit’s full range of stability.
- An indicator panel at the pedestal enables operators to constantly monitor boom and turret movements.
Advanced Control System
Bridge inspection equipment is offered with the most advanced microprocessor control system available: the “Plus 1” Graphical Terminal Interface. This interface includes a color display that depicts unit operations and individual function performance, all while monitoring the unit’s parameters, hydraulics and enabling simple troubleshooting.
- Controls, with wireless capabilities, are included at both operator stations. A communication system is also provided with speakers in the cab, at the turntable, and in the platform. The platform station operates in the “hands-free” mode.
Two rotating turntables plus multiple articulating and telescoping booms allow platform to deploy off of either side of the truck to access all of your structures. Turntable number two comes equipped with a leveling system, providing smooth platform movement. In addition, the operator can make manual adjustments of +/- 5 degrees to compensate for the super-elevation of the bridge. Without the need for leveling arms, the A-75 offers the latitude to clear fences up to 11 feet tall.
Telescoping and Rotating Platform
- The Aspen A-75 his capable of providing bridge inspectors with more than 16′ of vertical reach through the use of its telescopic 4th boom section. The fourth boom is fully hydraulic, and enables technicians to get up and behind the deepest girders for a close-up bridge inspection.
- The added flexibility of a 180 degree rotating platform makes maneuvering into convenient working positions significantly easier for bridge inspection tasks, increasing the productivity and efficiency of the bridge inspection crew.
Reach, Range and Maneuverability
Bridge inspection tasks are sometimes so complex they require the most complex equipment. Four articulating booms and two turntables give the Aspen A-75 the ability to operate in, around, through and over all types of obstructions. The Aspen A-75 can reach across the widest sidewalks and over high fences to gain access to underbridge areas. Because the vehicle can be moved while the platform is under the bridge, the Aspen A-75 provides even greater range and operating efficiency to bridge inspection teams.