Bridge Inspection Equipment – ASPEN A-30 – Versatile and Lightweight
Bridge Inspection and Maintenance – Aspen A-30
Bridge inspections sometimes require versatile, efficient and lightweight equipment. The Aspen Aerials A-30 can help you with your smaller bridge inspection and maintenance needs. Other equipment manufacturers may offer some of these benefits, but the A-30 has a combination of features that can’t be beat.
Interchangeable Platforms for Bridge Inspection and Maintenance
For maximum flexibility, the Aspen A-30 can be fitted with either of two fully-interchangeable platforms.
- A three person, 3’x5′ aluminum platform comes as standard equipment. This 600 lb. capacity inspection platform comes equipped with an easy entry gate, and is attached to the end of the articulating fourth boom, which provides a full range of movement and articulation. In the fully articulated position, inspectors can reach an additional 5′ vertically, enabling direct, hands on access. A fiberglass platform can be exchanged for the aluminum platform.
- A 3.5′ x 30′ interchangeable maintenance walkway can also attach to the end of the second boom. It has a 1,000 lb. capacity and provides a large working space for all types of repair work.
The Aspen A-30 is fitted with stabilizing systems which allow operators the advantage of being able to move the truck while the platform is deployed.
As with all Aspen Aerial bridge inspection units, OUTRIGGERS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
- A full-length subframe provides strength and stability.
- Axle locks unitize the chassis and truck axles.
- A counterweight at the base of the pedestal rotates with the unit, always staying within the width of the chassis.
- An interlock system tied to the controls maintains operation within the unit’s full range of stability.
- An indicator panel at the pedestal enables operators to constantly monitor boom and turret movements.
Reach, Range and Maneuverability
Four articulating booms and two points of rotation give the Aspen A-30 the incomparable ability to operate in, around, through and over all types of obstructions. Even in very close quarters, the Aspen A-30 can be deployed, reaching over sidewalks and fences gain access underbridge areas. With the three-person platform installed, operators can reach up and behind deep girders for thorough inspections. Because the A-30 can be moved while the platform is deployed under the bridge, the versatile inspection and maintenance unit provides even greater working range and operating efficiency.
Rail and Highway Bridges / Versatility and Efficiency
Bridge inspection equipment that is highly versatile is especially valuable to our customers. The Aspen A-30 can be used on either rail or highway bridges. The unit can be deployed off of both sides of the truck so operators can reach more area without having to reposition the vehicle. For railway bridge inspection and maintenance, the Aspen A-30 offers significant advantages. For example, the unit’s underbridge reach extends the width of double-track bridges and since it is mounted on a short wheelbase chassis, it can be set up quickly on tracks at most road crossings.