STOCK – ASPEN A-62T
Aspen, Aspen Aerials
BRIDGE INSPECTION UNIT – ASPEN A-62-T
POWERFUL BRIDGE INSPECTION TRUCK WITH EXTENDED SIDEWALK AND FENCE CLEARANCE
Installed on a 2023 Kenworth T880 chassis, twin-steer
Cummins ISX-15, 500 HP Engine
Allision Automatic Transmission
Bridge Inspection Unit
This multifunctional unit is very capable of maneuvering around bridges and machine and is equipped to clear larger sidewalks and fences. It has a horizontal reach of 62 feet and requires no outriggers when operating. Beyond its incredible ability to reach past tall and wide barriers, the Aspen A-62-T is equipped with unique features such as a telescoping 4th boom and a 180 degree rotating platform; which enables inspectors to easily get into tight areas behind deep beams.
The Aspen A-62-T is fitted with a torsion box subframe and hydraulic axle locks, which unitize chassis and axles, allowing operators the advantage of being able to move the truck while the platform is deployed.
As is the case with all Aspen Aerial units, OUTRIGGERS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
- A full-length subframe provides strength and stability.
- Axle locks unitize the chassis and truck axles.
- A counterweight at the base of the pedestal rotates with the unit, always staying within the width of the chassis.
- A hydraulically sliding counterweight is installed under the truck so that the weight can be positioned in the most optimum counterbalanced position.
- An interlock system tied to the controls maintains operation within the unit’s full range of stability.
- A full color monitor is provided, at the pedestal, enabling operators to constantly monitor boom and turret movements.
Advanced Control System
As the most advanced microprocessor control system available, the “Plus 1” Graphical Terminal Interface includes a color display depicting unit operation and individual function performance while monitoring the unit’s parameters, hydraulics and enabling simple troubleshooting.
- Controls, with wireless capabilities, are included at both operator stations. A communication system is also provided with speakers in the cab, at the turntable, and in the platform. The platform station operates in the “hands-free” mode.
Two rotating turntables plus multiple articulating and telescoping booms allow platform to deploy off of either side of the truck to access all of your structures. Turntable number two comes equipped with a leveling system, providing smooth platform movement. In addition, the operator can make manual adjustments of +/- 5 degrees to compensate for the super-elevation of the bridge. Without the requirement for leveling arms, the A-62-T offers the industry’s highest fence clearance.
Telescoping and Rotating Platform
- The Aspen A-62-T has the capability of providing inspectors with over 13′ of vertical reach through the use of its telescopic 4th boom section. This fully hydraulic feature will enable you to get up and behind your deepest girders for a close-up inspection.
- The added flexibility of a 180 degree rotating platform makes maneuvering into working positions easy, increasing productivity and efficiency.